Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Successful Sperm & Egg Mixer!


Thanks to all who attended our Sperm & Egg Mixer. We had five speakers, who are all co-parenting. One lesbian couple and a gay man, one gay man and lesbian, and a man with three children by two different women! There was a meet & greet after with refreshments served. The mood was upbeat and the speakers somehow made this all sound idyllic, so they were subject to some skeptics during the Q&A session. But they held their ground and said the arrangements mostly work. What's required is a lot of trust and leap of faith. And much patience.
Some phone numbers were exchanged. We'll see in a year whether any babies arose from this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there any of these "mixers"in the San Francisco area? I'm sure there must be. And are there any resources to talk about co-parent arrangements/agreements in terms of custody/finances/shared roles? I'm a single straight female...I think I'm looking for more of an active Uncle/Donor. Did anyone mention that or have you heard of it? I'm just starting to explore this idea so I'm not sure what the options even are!

Anonymous said...

How great! Are there any mixers like this in San Francisco? There must be! And do you know of any resources that help explain the different co-parent arrangements (custody/finances etc)? I'm just starting to explore this option so I'm not even sure what's out there. I'm a single straight woman and think I'd feel more comfortable with an active Uncle/donor.

Leon said...

I'm not aware of SF resources. Strictly NYC area here. Now, if you want to have a baby in NYC...let me know :)

Riki said...

i'd like to start a mixer in SF. I'm a single lesbian and want to find a co-parent...

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Egg Donors said...

Great Post.....

I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

Thanks for sharing....