Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome to my blog!


My journey began in earnest this year. A lesbian friend, in a moment which included way too much alcohol stated 'I'll be 41 next week, want to have a baby with me?' WHAT? Well....I'll get back to you. And after several weeks of contemplation, I did. Why not? I'm a fun uncle, responsible and in good health. I called her bluff, after which I received a 'deer in the headlights' look (notice the attached photo, a pretty good recreation of her face...) What must've seemed like a good idea after several margaritas became downright terrifying when sober. And I understood. It IS terrifying.
But I didn't let the idea drop. I'm looking for a woman who also wants a baby. Let's raise a child together. We can be close friends. The divorce rate is 50%. So in my opinion we have just as good a chance of making this work as a married couple.
The last few months have been an adventure. I've made new friends and learned a lot. No match yet, but keep tuned.

No comments: